Disasters and Emergencies: Lessons in Preparation and Recovery
Over 96% of businesses in Ellicott City affected by the disastrous flood in July 2016 have returned. What can be learned from this experience that can help protect your organization from the various hazards you face? Through the lens of people, process and technology moderators Ryan Miller and Larry Twele will interview small business and technology experts to reveal practical steps you can take today for a more prepared tomorrow.
- Larry Twele CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Ryan Miller Director, Howard County Office of Emergency Management
- John E. Valliere Acting Director, Office of Disaster Planning and Risk Management – US Small Business Administration
- Garrett Glover Consultant, Small Business Development Center
- Brian Dykstra Owner, Atlantic Data Forensics
Free for active members of Leadership Howard County. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.
8:45: Coffee and networking
9:00 am – 10:30 am Program