Disasters and Emergencies: Lessons in Preparation and Recovery
A panel of experts will discuss emergency preparedness and disaster recovery for businesses with lessons learned from the successful recovery of Main Street in Ellicott City following the disastrous flood on July 30, 2016.
- Larry Twele CEO, Howard County Economic Development Authority
- Ryan Miller Director, Howard County Office of Emergency Management
- John E. Valliere Acting Director, Office of Disaster Planning and Risk Management – US Small Business Administration
- Garrett Glover Consultant, Small Business Development Center
- Brian Dykstra Owner, Atlantic Data Forensics
Moderators and panelists will examine principles and best practices that were evident in Ellicott City but applicable to all Howard County businesses given the spectrum of hazards they face. Mr. Valliere has broad experience from the federal level while Mr. Glover will provide Main Street level disaster recovery tips and recommendations. Mr. Dykstra, who also provided direct support to affected businesses, will provide best-practice to prevent data loss and an expedited recovery when disaster strikes.
Free for active members of Leadership Howard County. Space is limited and pre-registration is required.